“To see is to know, to not see is to guess!” Our Highlands Ranch Dentist certainly doesn’t want to guess about your health!
Based upon your dental health, our Highlands Ranch Dentist, Dr. Parsons will recommend radiographs (commonly referred to as dental x-rays) along with your routine examination. There are several reasons for this, and we want you to be informed about the benefits to your health.
Here’s why we take radiographs/ dental x-rays in our office.
- To see cavities or decay in between the teeth. Most times cavities that occur between the teeth are only diagnosable through the review of radiographs. These cavities most commonly occur where your teeth touch or contact and can not be distinguished with the naked eye.
- Bone health. A major part of your health is the quality and quantity of bone surrounding your teeth. Radiographs will reveal any bone loss. This loss can be diagnosed into levels or stages of periodontal disease. We can also see any abnormal growth in the bone which may indicate a need for a biopsy.
- Check under old fillings and crowns. Because we cannot see visually what a crown or a filling is underneath, an x-ray or radiograph is the only way to see this type of decay.
- Infections in the root of the teeth or bone. If you have an abscess in a tooth or bone, an x-ray or radiograph will confirm the area or extent of the abscess.
- Full scope of your dental health. X-rays or radiographs allow our Highland Ranch Dentist to examine your full health or tooth prior to any dental procedure or treatment received in our Highlands Ranch dental office.
Don’t guess when it comes to your health. Our Highlands Ranch Dental office offers low-dose digital radiographs. Did you know that a full set of radiographs, usually taken every 3-5 years has less radiation than an airplane flight? Our Highlands Ranch Dentist will recommend a set of bitewings every year which is 79x less radiation exposure than exposure to the natural environment.
It is important that you are fully informed about the benefits of digital radiography that our Highlands Ranch Dentist offers.
Have a question about your oral health or our services? The experts at Cottonwood Dental Group can help! Visit our website to meet the team and learn more about our array of dental services. Contact us online or call us at 303-694-9740.
Copyright © 2021 Cottonwood Dental