Want to know more about our Highlands Ranch Dentists, Dr. DeLapp or Dr. Parsons? Here are some fun facts we think you will enjoy!
For over 20 years Dr. DeLapp has been providing Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Lone Tree, and Denver residents with excellent dental care. Besides being a great dentist, here are some fun facts that you may not know about Dr. DeLapp
1. She is one of 5 children and she is the second to youngest. Growing up Dr. DeLapp’s father with a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force.
2. Dr. DeLapp’s hero is Benjamin Franklin.
3. Dr. DeLapp’s favorite holiday is Thanksgiving! At this holiday you can find 20 + of Dr. DeLapp’s immediate family, gathered at her house. She makes two giant turkey’s, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and all the classic Thanksgiving sides!
4. Dentistry is Dr. DeLapp’s second career. Originally a secretary in the Neurology department at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Dr. DeLapp helped co-author many published articles and research papers. It wasn’t until Dr. DeLapp was in her mid 30’s that she decided that dentistry was the right path for her.
5. Fly Fishing on the San Juan is her happy place. She enjoys the peaceful atmosphere that comes with fishing and she can be found with her older brother Bill fishing during the summer months.
Second generation dentist, Dr. Parsons, is continuing the family business by keep your teeth healthy and happy. She knew dentistry was the right path for her at a young age, as she spent many days after school at Cottonwood Dental Group, watching her parents. Here are some fun facts you may not know about Dr. Parsons.
1. Dr. Parsons is an only child.
2. Dr. Parsons spent more than 23 years as a competitive swimmer and even attended college on a swimming scholarship to a Division 1 program. During that time, Dr. Parsons would spend up to six hours a day training at the elite level. She received many honors including All American awards as well as Mountain West Conference All Academic.
3. Dr. Parsons and her husband were high school sweethearts and were married in 2008. They now have two children.
4. Dr. Parsons favorite holiday is Fourth of July. Fireworks, bbq, and pool party make this holiday top notch in Dr. Parsons‘ book.
5. Dr. Parsons’ prefers pie over cake. Some of her favorites include, lemon meringue, chocolate, cherry, pecan, and peach.
Bonus: As you can tell from the picture above, both Dr. DeLapp and Dr. Parsons are die hard Broncos fans!!