Congratulations on moving forward in your dental health! Dental sedation is a great way to help ease anxiety and help make your dental appointment a positive experience. Whether you are receive minimal, moderate, or deep sedation, our Highlands Ranch dentists want you to know several things prior to your appointment.
1. Please do not take any sedatives or stimulants for 12 hours before and after your sedation, this includes alcohol.
2. Make sure there is no chance you are pregnant. If you are nursing or believe you might be pregnant please consult with Dr. DeLapp or Dr. Parsons.
3. Make sure you have a driver and someone to stay with you for at least a few hours after your appointment. It is important you DO NOT drive or operate any heavy machinery. You will not be released from our office without a driver.
4. Please plan on taking it easy after your appointment. No exercise or heavy lifting for 24-48 hours after your appointment.
5. Make sure to rest and have someone escort you up and down stairs.
6. Nail polish and acrylic nails may interfere with our monitoring equipment. Please remove nail polish and acrylic nails prior to your appointment.
7. Please leave all jewelry at home.
8. You should not eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours prior to appointment.
9. We request that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
10. If you develop fever, flu symptoms, sore throat or any other illness, you should reschedule your appointment to when you are at optimum health.
11. If you take any medications as a daily routine, you should still take these with the smallest amount of water possible. Please consult with our Highlands Ranch Dentists about all medications including over the counter drugs that you are taking to see which ones you should take and which ones should be discontinued before sedation.